At Buttercream Clothing we believe in always striving to do more good. For us, that meant deciding from the get-go that our garments would be made locally and ethically. While ethical manufacturing is possible to be done anywhere in the world, we chose to stay close to home and build our team to bring you beautiful pieces that you will love for years to come.
But what does ethically-made mean?
This means that Buttercream Clothing garments don’t just make you feel good wearing them, you can feel good about them too! All of our sewists and production partners get fair compensation and have high work environment standards. We have worked closely with all of our production partners to ensure that everyone involved in the Buttercream Clothing process is treated properly on all fronts.
Wondering #whomademyclothes? Meet the team!
Buttercream Clothing garments are made with love, every time. See the process HERE.
What Does the Future Hold?
The future is bright, friends! At Buttercream Clothing we are working toward low-to-zero waste strategies and we believe that slow fashion is the first step. Our team is always seeking out new and better strategies to eliminate and redistribute leftover fabric in responsible ways, find fabrics that are gentle on the environment and to give our team as many perks as possible.
Want to know more? Be sure you are following us on social media HERE where we share updates on new processes and developments
Buttercream Clothing Recipe:
Like your most treasured recipe, Buttercream Clothing has carefully chosen and curated ingredients to ensure every aspect of this locally-owned, ethically-made business yields a perfect batch every time.
- Add equal parts care, love, and respect for all. Buttercream Clothing welcomes everyone, is made by talented seamstresses with love, and is designed to last.
- Fold in local, ethically-made garments. This business was born at the founder's kitchen table and continues to be made by a team of seamstresses that work from home and in ethically-operated factories in Canada using buttery-soft fabrics.
- Add a pinch of old-fashioned values. We know the value of good basics and hold fast to old-fashioned values of quality that can go from the office to living room play with the kids to a night out on the town.
- Incorporate a commitment to be better. We see a world where everyone is striving to make forward progress for the good of so much more than just the brand. Every year Buttercream Clothing strives to do more good. From expanding size ranges, working toward zero-waste patterns, and redistributing excess fabrics to sourcing more eco-conscious fabrics, the future is bright!
- Roll in a mom-and-pop shop feel – from our founder to our team to our community – we welcome everyone like family and treat them that way.
- Bake slow. Buttercream Clothing is slow fashion. We believe that slow fashion is helping to make the world a better place. We make limited amounts ahead of time or we make your garments to order – together we can create less waste and move towards more sustainable lifestyles.
Buttercream Clothing is whipped up with love, one stitch at a time.